Ghana’s Covid 19 Tracker Mobile App – how to download and use
Ghana has launched here a mobile application to help people with symptoms of the new coronavirus to report directly to the health institutions.
The app, named GH COVID-19 Tracker, is to help in the country’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Launching the virtual product, vice president Mahamudu Bawumia said Ghana was one of the few countries to have deployed such a tracker for the virus, urging all Ghanaians to use it well.
“It will help us easily track people with the virus, and those who have had contact with others. It is also useful in quarantine reliability if certain individuals need self-quarantine,” the vice president said.
The App, with instructions in six languages, including English and some Ghanaian languages, is accessible on applications and other messaging platforms.
Ghana’s confirmed COVID-19 cases have currently increased to 636. Officials attributed the high increase so far in the country to enhanced contact tracing and testing.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE APP AND USE ON YOUR ANDROID APP
- Visit the COVID-19 Tracker App official platform ghcovid19.com
- Accept the Terms and Conditions for the app in order to download the app
- Click on the ‘Download’ blue text to download app on your android app
- Check to make sure the download has started and finished on your phone
- Tap to install: You will be prompted to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Install the app and open to begin using.